This job is no longer available
Compass Airlines is currently seeking a Systems Administrator for our Minneapolis, Minnesota – Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass Organization to come join our team.
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for all aspects of systems administration for all in house as well as remote users, including computers, networks, applications, databases, and telecommunications. This includes implementation, configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, usage monitoring and the development of specialized system procedures. Must comprehend legacy, current and emerging technologies and possess the ability to translate this knowledge into solutions to address particular business needs.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or 3 years of Systems Administration experience
• Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office Productivity Suite
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially via telephone and in writing
• Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workloads
• Demonstrated working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies
• CCNA and/or MCSA Certification
• Experience with SAN administration and management
• Experience with VMware
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Ability to learn and adapt to in-house system applications.
• Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and inquisitive.
• Ability to identify problems, process resolution and implement action or solution timely.
• Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment.
• Demonstrated ability in staying abreast of technical developments in the industry and aligning them with strategic company objectives
• Ability to handle competing, multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to quickly adapt to change.
• Ability to work independently as well as contribute to the overall success of the team
• Maintains, monitors, troubleshoots and manages IBM SAN device
• Manages and supports VmWare and corresponding components
• Installs and configures Windows operating systems on newly acquired hardware
• Manages and supports Microsoft Windows Server environment
• Oversees the day-to-day operation of computers and servers including hardware/software support
• Manages companywide computer anti-virus platform
• Manages and supports Microsoft Exchange and AD
• Assists Network Administrator with VoIP phone system on-site and in remote locations
• Manages small to medium sized projects according to predetermined budgets and schedules
• Assists in providing network and remote connectivity hardware/software support
• Implements, and supports the server infrastructure
• Analyzes and troubleshoots the server logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems
• Work on tasks and projects as assigned by the IT Manager.
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
• Document technical support problems and resolutions for future reference.
• Work independently on tasks and projects with minimal guidance from team management.
• Provide advice and training when needed.
• Limited travel required.
• On-call support on some nights and weekends and carrying a cell phone are required.
• Occasional after hours and weekends availability to perform maintenance work.
• This position requires long periods sitting behind a desk, extensive use of a telephone, and performing tasks on a computer and in-house system applications.
• This job function is performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions.
• Tempo is fast-paced with stringent deadlines.