Assistant Technician/Technician-Production Services
Department: Production Services
Salary range: $34,100-$44,900/year depending on qualifications and experience.
Current Hours: 8:00 p.m. - 4:00 a.m. Monday-Friday (You will begin your week at 8:00 p.m. Monday evening and end your week at 4:00 a.m. Saturday morning)
Future Hours: 7:00 p.m.- 7:30 a.m. Thursday - Saturday
(Note: This position would be eligible for a 10% shift differential based on the hours.)
Production Services is responsible for providing support for our production environment including mainframe, network infrastructure, and corporate websites by ensuring systems availability and completing scheduled jobs. There are currently 2 supervisors and 9 technicians that provide coverage 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. Flexibility to work various shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays is required of all associates working in this area.
What you would do in this job:
Monitor, identify and resolve problems in the production environment and operate production environment computer equipment. When fully proficient, this associate is rotated between console activity and printer activity based on workload and demands of the shift.
- Complete all required reports, logs and records to fully and accurately document equipment, system and job failures, as directed.
- Communicate effectively with Information Technology support staff to ensure priority attention to problem situations.
- Perform level one support elements of TechSupport 55000 functions after regular hours.
What we'd expect from you:
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn to effectively operate all components of the integrated computer system complex.
- Dependability, flexibility and willingness to work various shifts including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to work effectively with other team members.
- Reliable in completing responsibilities and following SOP (standard operating procedures).
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to work at least 37.5 hours per week
- Ability to work from 8:00 PM to 4:00 AM
- Ability to work from 7:00 PM to 7:30 AM at least three days per week
- Ability to work weekends
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Visit our website by clicking apply now to apply on line. Reference job #12957.