This job is no longer available
The Director of Buildings and Grounds position supports the educational mission of the School District of River Falls and provides a physical environment in the school facilities and grounds to foster the greatest student learning. This position maintains the physical facilities of the district, coordinates the development of short and long range school maintenance plans for the district, manages the district’s construction and renovations program, and supervises the teams responsible for the maintenance, custodial and grounds operations of the district.
- College degree preferred or related 2 year technical school degree.
- Three years supervisory training and experience in the maintenance field. Experience in K-12 school operations preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, consultants, contractors and administrators.
- Ability to organize, use time wisely and work flexibly at multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Responsible for working with building administrators to determine major maintenance needs of the district, developing cost estimates and priorities for projects, overall planning and implementation of all major maintenance building projects in the district.
- Develop short and long range plans for building maintenance. Prepare, update and maintain a five year planning process.
- Work with architects, building inspectors, school administrators, public agencies and contractors on the design, construction or alteration of school buildings and grounds.
- Develop, coordinate and supervise plans for construction and renovation projects.
- Develops and manage a district-wide preventative maintenance program.
- Develop, prioritize, and monitor maintenance budget.
- Efficiently manage district work orders and work order system.
- Monitor and maintain energy management system.
- Enforce local, state, and federal building safety and fire codes.
- Coordinate emergency repairs and communicate with all appropriate staff.
- Oversees condition of all grounds, snow removal, and lawn maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring district buildings and grounds are aesthetically welcoming to the community.
- Responsible for the supervision, hiring, promotion, discipline, transfer, scheduling, and dismissal of all maintenance, custodial, and grounds staff in collaboration with administrators.
- Supervises employees effectively and works well with district staff.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Administer and enforce the Employee Handbook, board policies, and staff contracts.
- Keep current on latest developments in the areas of maintenance and repair, sustainable practices, custodial care, equipment and technology. Encourage innovation as appropriate.
- Promote the quality improvement principles of team building, use of data and continuous improvement.
- Continually seeks to reduce operational maintenance costs to optimize efficiency of the buildings.
The School District of River Falls only accepts applications through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN).
Learn more about the School District of River Falls at http://www.rfsd.k12.wi.us
Equal Opportunity Employer