Acquire machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, ingredients or services necessary for the operation of a manufacturing establishment.by performing the following duties
- Locates and arranges for the acquisition of goods and services necessary for efficient operation of organization.
- Analyzes price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Directs and coordinates workers' activities involving bid proposals and purchasing of goods and services.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid proposals and reviews requisitions for goods and services.
- Maintains and reviews computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
- Confers with personnel, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determines corrective action.
- Work closely with receiving and warehouse departments to ensure accurate receipts of goods and accurate material inventories.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Authorizes payment for purchases.
Education and skills preferred: Bachelor's degree (Business Administration) from four-year college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training in the following areas; Purchasing, Supply Management, Vendor Relationships, Customer Service, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures or equivalent combination of education and experience.