Youth Development Staff (Emma B Howe YMCA)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the Emma B Howe YMCA has a new opening for a cause-driven Youth Development Staff to join our team.
The Youth Development Staff is responsible for assisting with the designated program to ensure that the program criteria and objectives are carried out. The incumbent is responsible for implementing curriculum, as assigned. The youth development staff provides a safe, enjoyable experience to all program participants.
The preferred candidate will serve as an outreach worker and will have already received Streetworks "green bag" training, is knowledgeable about available community resources for youths experiencing homelessness in the Metro Twin Cities Area and will have the ability to transport youth.
- Working, as part of a team, to perform program activities as directed by the supervisor.
- Assist with daily curriculum.
- Assist in special programs and activities as required by supervisor.
Qualifications - Requirements
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED and First Aid
- Must be self-directed, motivated, organized, and creative
- Ability and interest in working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Strong communication and mediation skills
- Ability to perform a variety of physical activities with program participants which may include, but is not limited to walking, standing for long periods of time, running, throwing, swimming, and lifting up to 50lbs.