This job is no longer available
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd. is the country’s oldest and largest independent publisher of books on the New Age, Mind Body Spirit, celebrating more than a century of publishing books and related products. Our publishing group includes the award-winning mystery imprint Midnight Ink Books, and Flux Books, which publishes New York Times bestselling fiction for young adults.
The Consumer Marketing Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the company’s direct-to-consumer-marketing program. This position is responsible for realizing and reporting product trends and positioning products appropriately to maximize the consumer buying potential, while ensuring a positive public image is presented and maintained.
• Develops and manages campaigns to promote all products, authors, subjects, and brands to consumers for three distinct book imprints.
• Maintains sales growth through product rotation, product promotion and follow-up analysis.
• New Worlds Editor responsible for catazine content, features and themes. Ensures timely and successful production of this valuable consumer marketing tool.
• Ensures products receive effective exposure through consumer promotional materials such as mailers, package stuffers, etc. to targeted markets throughout the selling process (pre-sell through after-publication).
• Provides expertise by recommending strategies to draw more consumer purchasing through direct company channels.
• Writes, creates, and critiques effective consumer marketing copy.
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams (on-line marketing and social media) to create synergistic campaigns to help drive sales and increase ROI on consumers.
• Identifies target markets as well as potential crossover markets concentrating on establishing company’s Unique Selling Propositions to those markets.
• Responsible for growing the consumer base through list selection, segmentation, test list selection and follow-up analysis.
• Creates and analyzes consumer advertising and sales reports routinely to monitor program effectiveness, as well as to ensure desired business goals are being achieved.
• Assists in new product development by providing meaningful data in relation to consumer trends.
• Actively seeks and implements new strategies and directions to increase merchandising of Llewellyn’s products.
• Stays abreast of industry trends by reading research data, professional journals, and subject-specific magazines and websites
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education, and Experience
• 4-year college degree, with major emphasis in marketing (or equivalent in marketing experience).
• Must be detail and process oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proven success in designing and executing consumer advertising campaigns and materials.
• Ability to analyze and identify consumer and sales trends.
• Effective, articulate communicator both verbally and written.
• The ability to maintain and build professional relationships with authors, dealers, practitioners, media representatives and co-workers.
• Knowledge and understanding of New Age subject matter, by related study or personal experience.