SAC Lead Program Staff (Hudson YMCA)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the Hudson YMCA has a new opening for a SAC Lead Program Staff to join our team!
The School Age Child Care Program Lead Staff is responsible for assisting with planning, leading, and evaluating group experiences. This position will operate at a specific school age site. The incumbent will provide quality recreational experiences for children that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Assist the Site Director with the planning, supervising, and implementation of the program and program activities.
- Assist in the promotion of the program including calendars, newsletters, and other forms of communication with parents and the community.
- Provide work direction to program staff while on duty assisting the Site Director with supervision and training.
- Continuously evaluate the program and recommend needed changes to the Site Director.
- Ensure that the site is kept clean and organized.
- Perform administrative activities to support the program, including record and file maintenance, registration, release forms, and emergency forms.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 18.
- Minimum of 6 months experience working with school aged children or 6 months experience as SAC Program Staff.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR; First Aid; and AED
- Knowledge in areas such as child development, child guidance, human relations, communication, or recreational programs.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with school age children in a recreational setting.
- Demonstrated skills in communication, organization, creative problem solving, and human relations.
- Willingness to work with diverse populations.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Degree in education, recreation, or related field.
- 6 months supervisory/ management experience.
- Knowledge in planning, organizing, communicating and implementing school age recreation programs.
- Lead and participate in activities that may include running, throwing, and kicking.
- Set up tables weighing up to 50 lbs.