Custodian Supervisor (Midway YMCA)
We are very excited to announce that the Midway YMCA has a new opening for a Custodian Supervisor to join our team.
The Custodian Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the custodial personnel and maintenance of the branch. The incumbent must maintain a clean, sanitary, welcoming environment for YMCA members.
- Perform supervisory and management activities as directed by the Building Superintendent and District Building Superintendent to accomplish the YMCA’s mission and goals.
- Recruit, hire, and train custodial staff to cover all custodial areas and employ temporary services when needed.
- Supervise, evaluate, and schedule custodial staff to accomplish all duties with the highest quality and cleanliness possible.
- Complete, on time, all records and daily reports required.
- Monitor work board and delegate action needed to resolve issue.
- Purchase cleaning supplies/equipment at an economical price and forecast usage of materials needed to complete tasks.
- Abide by the Preventative Maintenance Program requirements.
- Schedule clean up and repairs so staff is maximally used and anticipate cleaning needs and schedule accordingly.
- Perform maintenance activities as needed and required in order to maintain an optimal level of facility cleanliness and equipment availability that exceeds member expectations.
- Clean areas assigned to insure that the entire building and grounds are properly cleaned and all equipment is properly used, cleaned, and stored.
- Perform janitorial duties which include, but are not limited to wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, lawn care, shoveling and general cleaning as requested or needed.
- Record all needed repairs, repair as directed, report ALL repairs to supervisor, and follow up with staff.
- Ensure YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Safely operate motorized cleaning equipment.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in janitorial or facility maintenance field
- Experience and knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents
- Ability to supervise staff and make schedules
- Basic understanding of the upkeep, care and safe operation of motorized equipment used for cleaning i.e. auto scrubber, buffer, snow blower, trash compactor, genie lift, pressure washer, box compactor, sweeper, etc.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds, chemicals, and their safe, efficient use
- Basic computer knowledge
- Move up to 50 pounds of project materials and/or tools to remote building locations up to 200 feet away 10-15 times a day.
- Erecting and standing on scaffolding, ladders, and platforms 3-4 times a week.
- Work at heights up to 30 feet for extended periods of time 3-4 times a week.
- Work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests on work board.
- Perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; couching; kneeling; working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.