This job has now expired
St. Catherine University, St. Paul campus, is now accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Registrar in the Office of the Registrar.
Responsibilities: This position supervises the records coordinator and customer service coordinator in the Registrar's Office on the St. Paul campus. It provides leadership for actions, activities and projects of front-line staff, and makes informed decisions that guide the work of the records coordinator and customer service coordinator. This position also ensures that a high standard of professionalism and customer service is maintained on a daily basis. This position manages commencement, posts degrees at the baccalaureate level, oversees and troubleshoots registration issues, and conducts transfer work evaluations.Position Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required.
• A minimum of two years supervisory or lead experience and proven ability to successfully handle personnel issues strongly preferred.
• A minimum of two years of employment in a registrar's office or other enrollment management areas within higher education strongly preferred.
• Attention to detail and organization.
• Ability to work independently and adhere to self-imposed and externally imposed deadlines.
• Strong evidence of ability to take initiative and successfully oversee and lead projects to positive conclusion.
• Ability to interpret broad policies and use judgment to apply those policies to specific situations.
• Ability to function in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Computer skills: data entry, word processing and email experience with a working knowledge of navigating the Web.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse student, staff and faculty population.
• Excellent judgment and ability to assess the situation to determine when it is appropriate to seek assistance.
• The successful candidate will have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site to apply for this position. That website link is: http://www.stkate.edu/hr Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. For best consideration apply by March 1, 2013; open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org