Transfer Specialist - Office of the Registrar
This job has now expired
St. Catherine University, St. Paul campus, is now accepting applications for a full-time Transfer Specialist in the Office of the Registrar.
Responsibilities: This position exists to determine transfer credit for RN-BS Degree Completion Program and Associate Program students by conducting evaluations of students' previous high school and post-secondary work. Position approves or rejects requests made by current students to take courses at other institutions. This position also works with personnel in other institutions and with SCU faculty to develop new course-by-course equivalencies on an individual student basis as needed. This position also completes transfer evaluations for students who have not yet been accepted to St. Kate's baccalaureate programs.
This position also enters transfer work for current St. Kate's students, and evaluates and enters advanced placement such as AP, IB, CLEP, etc. on the transcript. This position is also a member of the Office of the Registrar Transfer Team.Position Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required.
• A minimum of one year of employment at a college or university in registrar, admissions or enrollment management office strongly preferred
• Transfer course evaluation experience strongly preferred.
• Banner (student information system) experience strongly preferred.
• Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines.
• Ability to develop processes for managing transfer data in student information system.
• Strong evidence of ability to take initiative.
• Ability to interpret broad policies and use judgment to apply those policies to specific situations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail and organization.
• Ability to function professionally in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse student, staff and faculty population.
• Computer skills: data entry, word processing and email experience with a working knowledge of navigating the Web.
• Proven customer service skills, preferably in challenging situations.
• The successful candidate will have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site to apply for this position. That website link is: http://www.stkate.edu/hr Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review will begin March 1, 2013; open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org