Director of the Annual Fund
St. Catherine University, St. Paul, seeks a Director of the Annual Fund within our Development Department. The successful candidate will be results-oriented, creative, energetic, organized and an adaptable individual.
Responsibilities: The Director of the Annual Fund is responsible for a major fundraising program that raises critical unrestricted resources for the University's annual operating budget. Through careful data analysis, the Director of the Annual Fund plans and implements strategies to meet the Annual Fund goal and build for Annual Fund growth.
The Annual Fund Director designs and implements an effective, comprehensive Annual Fund strategy that complements major and planned giving programs. The Annual Fund Director is responsible for managing the AF solicitation process; development of key AF messages; oversight of the President's Forum program strategy; design and implementation of recognition programs for volunteers; oversight of the reunion giving strategy and process; and, strategies to engage and grow AF participation of young alumnae. The AF Director manages a portfolio of donors and prospects through regular in-person visits as well as phone and email contacts.
Reporting to the Director of Development and partnering with the Development staff, Vice President for External Relations, President's staff and cabinet, the alumnae relations staff and faculty and staff of the University, the Annual Fund Director is responsible for Annual Fund gifts from a variety of donors including trustees, alumnae, parents, students, friends and faculty and staff.
Some travel is required. Majority is local travel when meeting with donors; however, there could be a very limited amount of regional or national travel.Position Qualifications
Qualifications: The successful Annual Fund Director is a results-oriented, creative, energetic, organized and adaptable individual with the following knowledge base and experience:
• BA/BS degree required.
• 3-5 years successful AF management experience as Assistant /Associate Director or equivalent.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and best practices associated with AF fundraising in higher education including personal solicitation, direct mail, telephone solicitation, electronic/web-based solicitation, reunion giving and donor relations.
• Ability to develop plans, strategies, and messages for Annual Fund success and future growth.
• Strong analytical skills and comfort with data.
• Experience actively working a portfolio of donors/prospects.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Effective communicator with a wide variety of publics.
• The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site to apply for this position. That website link is: http://www.stkate.edu/hr Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review will begin March 8, 2013; open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org