The Shakopee Mdewakanton Emergency Services is looking for enthusiastic and hard-working individuals to join our team as a Firefighter/Paramedic. The shifts are 24 hour shifts 7:00am to 7:00am.
Interviews for this position will be conducted on March 5 and March 6
Respond to emergency calls, protect and save life and property through effective firefighting and rescue work. Perform related fire prevention and inspection duties, equipment and facility maintenance, housekeeping functions as assigned and other duties as directed.
- Responds to emergencies. While acting as Engineer, drives and maneuvers fire apparatus safely and effectively. Operates a variety of fire pumps, calculating and setting the appropriate operating pressures. Performs hose evolutions and controls fire with a variety of suppression agents. Recognizes hazardous conditions, such as back draft, presence of harmful contaminants, and possible structural collapse; and takes appropriate action to assure the safety of firefighters and public. Performs as lead medical provider.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections of apparatus and equipment. Maintains maintenance records of apparatus and equipment.
- Performs periodic tests of hydrants, fire pumps, fire hose and other equipment.
- Trains other staff in medical policies and procedures.
- Participates in the inspection of residences and business properties for possible safety hazards.
- Cleans and maintains the stations, grounds and other equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Maintain a current unrestricted Minnesota driver’s license with good driving record.
- Certification as a State of Minnesota Firefighter I
- Certification as an EMT-Paramedic
- Experience with Haz-Mat operations
- Must be able to satisfactorily perform the department daily physical fitness requirements.
- Certification as a State of Minnesota Firefighter II
- State of MN Hazmat Operations Certification.
After you have completed your application on-line, please email or fax copies of Firefighter I, EMT-Paramedic Certification and Hazmat to Molly Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 952-233-2852.