We are a privately owned solutions provider and world leader in the electronics and thermal markets, and we are guided by our principles of innovation, performance and customer satisfaction. Now you can bring your professional expertise and visionary thinking to our growing, vibrant organization as a:
Support Manufacturing, Research & Development, Quality Assurance, and Product Management. Perform duties with guidance from Supervisor or Engineers. Responsible for the planning, performance, and the evaluation of results of tests and calibrations for which employee is qualified/trained for without interjection of subjective opinions. Works closely with senior BASA staff, Engineering, and Project Management regarding any deviations from established methods or validation of new methods.
- Performs tests and evaluations.
- Sets up, operates, and maintains most test equipment.
- Balances a multitude of projects - multi-tasking, planning.
- Meets commitments in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate and detailed lab records and/or worksheets.
- Tests and evaluates new materials, products, and processes.
- Assists in maintaining schedules by completing assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develops technical solutions with an analytical thought process.
- Reads & comprehends technical documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Accurately records test data and brings attention to deviations and variations observed to Scientists/Engineers.
- Prepares test reports and routine correspondence.
- Provides timely feedback to clients on project status and testing results.
- Provides support to the lab and other areas of the company.
- Understand and assess project needs for various situations and to acquire the necessary resources through internal and external sources.
- Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Education & Experience - 1 year of relevant Vocational training or Engineering school; and 3 years of relevant lab experience OR 2 years of vocational training or engineering school.
- Preferred Education & Experience - 2 years of relevant Vocational training or Engineering school; and 3 years of relevant lab experience.
- MS Office experience required.
- Experience polymer testing, sample preparation, adhesion testing, electrical testing (Hi-pot), mechanical testing (tensile, compression).
- General photography.
- Cross sectional analysis Familiarity with long-term aging and shelf life studies.
At The Bergquist Company, we believe the financial health of our organization will be determined by the moral health of our people. You’ll receive the type of salary and benefits package you’d expect from an industry leader and so much more.
To learn more about our people-oriented company, apply online at