This job is no longer available
The Civil Engineer II/III plans, designs, reviews, and directs timely, accurate, and cost efficient engineering services both in the office and in the field; and maintains or exceeds expectations. Responsibilities include planning, design, construction, and maintenance services in the areas of land and site development, water resources and construction. This individual may also direct, coordinate, and supervise staff.
· Provide services for civil engineering projects to include design, plans, specifications, reports, maps, environmental impacts, project budgets, scope of work, permits, contracts, schedules, estimates, surveying, data collection, construction observation, field investigation, and coordination of subconsultants and contractors.
· Provide engineering services with accuracy, on time and under budget.
· Project manager, client manager, and project engineer on designated projects.
· Coordination of business development, marketing strategy, and handling of project financials.
· Provide direction and review for and support to the group by leading design aspects of projects; instructing, training, and mentoring group members and support staff; and adhering to project budget and schedule.
· Provide quality control and quality assurance on all project work.
· Coordinate, facilitate, and attend internal and external meetings.
· Client contact and communication. Utilize effective communication skills to answer inquiries from coworkers, clients, or the public.
· Public involvement includes speaking and meeting with stakeholders as well as working with staff to produce reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material.
· Provide all engineering services in a legal and ethical manner.
· Serve as onsite project representative. Review construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
· Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally with contractors and clients.
· Exercise independent thinking, creativity, and initiative in the performance of these duties.
· Perform all responsibilities with attention to detail and deadlines.
· Must project a professional, positive attitude and exercise confidentiality.
· Work effectively both independently and as team member.
· Understand, interpret, participate in, and implement company-mandated safety policies.
· Travel is required; may work overtime, especially during the construction season.
A Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering is required. This position requires 5-15 years of experience and will involve participating in a variety of projects including land development and site development for residential and commercial sites and municipal utility projects such as water systems, waste water systems, and storm water management. It will involve client relations, marketing and all aspects of projects including proposal preparation, contracts, design, and production meetings. A PE license is required, and the individual must become registered in the state of ND. The individual must interact with people at all levels and communicate effectively. Strong computer skills, detail-oriented, self-starter, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential. A valid drivers license is required.