Quality Assurance Manager
This job has now expired
If you want a challenging and rewarding career in a fast paced, dynamic environment that makes you excited to come to work, then keep reading!
So…if you want to be part of a company that is reigniting itself, an organization you can believe in and contribute to, and obtain a challenging position that makes you excited to come to work, then we want to talk with you! We are excited about our growth and career opportunities at Regis and are currently seeking a seasoned QA Manager to be located in Edina, MN. This is a unique opportunity to build a high performing QA organization, including defining Regis' QA scope and strategy, test environments, standard QA processes, tools and risk posture. We are seeking to both mature and broaden Regis' QA capability, and are looking for candidates who relish the challenge of building a QA organization from a relatively modest base.
Currently, our QA focus on our Point of Sale applications, ensuring that products, applications, and systems for our salons are in compliance with established quality standards, and meet our requirements. Regis needs to broaden the scope of QA to include guest-facing and stylist-facing applications. Additionally, the candidate will develop new processes within the QA organization, including resource planning, staff performance, task assignments, training and implementation of sound test methodologies.
- Create, deliver and communicate an overall Regis QA strategy; including risk-based test approach; defining both requirements for a test environment and QA tool requirements, QA acceptance criteria that coincides with Regis SDLC.
- Responsible for managing the testing of multiple, on-going salon-related technology projects, including Point-of-Sale software, hardware peripherals in the salon and the integration to back-office systems.
- Works with project managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for QA related projects and other activities such as software deployment, customer integration, and professional services validation.
- Develop and implement quality assurance policies and procedures that can scale for use across Regis corporate projects. Define and implement quality assurance processes that are followed throughout a software development life cycle. Anticipate release problems and take corrective action to resolve and achieve commitments.
- Develop and manage quality assurance metrics for performance improvement.
- Closely coordinates and manages resolution of software quality assurance issues with related groups such as Development, DBAs, Integration, Salon Help Line and L2 Support
- Responsible for managing and providing work direction to a team of QA test analysts, point of escalation for QA team members represent the QA team with other Regis management and manage communication with vendors before, during and after releases.
- Create structured objectives for test methodologies; apply critical thinking and analytical skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Minimum - 7 years of experience in QA and a solid understanding of functional and requirements testing
- Minimum - Previous experience with building and/or renovating a QA capability
- Minimum - 3 years of experience with management responsibility of a QA team
- Required - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative and agile) as well as contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools.
- Required - Strong team management, communication and documentation skills; provide high quality technical reports and interface with IT executives, managers and technical staff.
- Demonstrated experience in configuring and deploying a test automation tool.
- Prefer Retail industry experience.
- Travel expectations - minimal
Who Regis Is:
Regis Corporation is a multibillion-dollar enterprise and the global leader in beauty salons, and cosmetology education. The Company owns franchises or holds ownership interests in approximately 10,000 worldwide locations. System-wide, these and other concepts are located in the U.S. and in over 30 other countries in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia.
As a Regis employee you will also be eligible to participate in a variety of health and welfare benefits, as well as many product discounts. Please visit our website to learn more at: www.regiscorp.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer