Software Engineer (IBM i RPG)
This job has now expired
If you want a challenging and rewarding career in a fast paced, dynamic environment that makes you excited to come to work, then keep reading!
So…if you want to be part of a company that is reigniting itself, an organization you can believe in and contribute to, and obtain a challenging position that makes you excited to come to work, then we want to talk with you! We are excited about our growth and career opportunities at Regis and are currently seeking a Software Engineer focus on IBM i RPG and will be located in Edina, MN. If you're an independent, highly productive results oriented profession, then you want to join our Application Management Team. This team is responsible for the stability, maintenance, upgrades and simplification of production applications. This role is critical to the support of the back office systems that allows the company to operate and grow.
- Provide Level 3 production technical/development support and program enhancements for variety of RPG versions and CL on the IBM i.
- Support, enhance, maintain, develop and implement high quality current applications/systems.
- Handle escalation issues as needed, which includes; troubleshooting, repair, and testing, staging, and code promotion.
- Properly document technical solutions, programming code, and project details according to IT department standards and best practices.
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration is critical and expected of each of us; each team member will participate in and contribute to the overall knowledge base by providing process documentation, new tools, solutions to issues, and shares new ideas and encourages others to do the same.
- Participates in an on-call pager rotation for off hour support (occurs every 5-6 weeks).
- 5 years of RPG programming and/or IBM i. deep understanding of the IBM i operating system and database environment.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration OR equivalent work experience will be considered.
- General understanding of various business applications including payroll, merchandise management, or ERP systems.
- Passion for learning and continuing curiosity.
- Tenacious problem solver and solution provider.
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to work seamlessly with the user community.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with internal teams to identify need, evaluate alternative business solutions and provide recommendations when needed.
- Experience with any or all of the following software systems: Infinium, JDE, JDA, Logistic Pro or Retail Ideas
- Other miscellaneous languages, standards or tools: PHP, Java, SQL ,
Who Regis Is:
Regis Corporation is a multibillion-dollar enterprise and the global leader in beauty salons, and cosmetology education. The Company owns franchises or holds ownership interests in approximately 10,000 worldwide locations. System-wide, these and other concepts are located in the U.S. and in over 30 other countries in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia. Visit our website to learn more at: www.regiscorp.com.
Our employees are important to us, we are proud to the following generous benefits and discounts: Medical,Dental,Vision,Life Insurance,Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan,401K Plan,Profit Sharing Plan,529 College Savings Plan,Company Provided Lunch,many other product discounts from local businesses.
Keyword Search: AS400; iSeries; System i; IBM i; IBM Midrange; RPG; CLP; RPGILE;