Assistant to the Vice Presidents
The Assistant to the Vice Presidents manages the administrative operations of two Vice Presidents’ offices. Independently performs advanced and confidential administrative duties requiring broad experience, skill and comprehensive knowledge of organization policies and practices. Ensures the continuity, accuracy, and timeliness of correspondence and reports issued by the Vice Presidents. Responsibilities require much discretion, independent judgment, and tact.
- Serve as liaison for College legal counsel and Board of Regents committees staffed by the CFO and CIO. Coordination of Board meeting schedules, distribution and posting of materials, and coordination with external advisors, auditors and others.
- Prepares background materials for internal and external meetings. Gathers and summarizes information to assist the Vice Presidents’ in decision making. Drafts substantial amounts of correspondence on the Vice Presidents' behalf.
- Coordinates a variety of sensitive issues with numerous parties. Serves as a trusted and effective communications channel for senior management and other staff.
- Manages financial and administrative activities and records. Approves expenditures and ensures budget parameters are met. Approves paperwork, including expense reports and invoice vouchers.
- Maintains Vice Presidents’ calendars. Ensures coordination of meetings, travel itineraries and related arrangements.
- Manages substantial flow of information. Prioritizes and initiates responses, and ensures information is accurate and meets establishes standards.
- Serve as special projects manager for variety of ad hoc assignments relative to finance division of the college.
- Interacts with all levels of College employees, Board members, and Donors, as well as the general public and distinguished guests.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor required.
- Excellent skills in MS Office, Word and Excel required.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work environment.
- Ability to be attentive to details, be accurate, be precise; demonstrate tact and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a team environment; handle frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and show initiative.
Ability to reason/analyze and organize workflow and priorities.
Required Experiences: Bachelor's degree in Business, Communication or a related field AND at least three (3) years full-time work experience in an administrative role required. Candidates with an Associate's degree and at least five (5) years of full-time experience may also be considered. Prefer candidates with experience in higher education and experience supporting executives.