This job is no longer available
Emerge is a social enterprise focused on developing human capital by connecting disadvantaged individuals with economic opportunities. This work takes place in four related areas – workforce, supportive housing, business ventures, and community development – and it gets done by activating a network of partners. Our big objective is to power social momentum.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years progressively responsible fund development experience, preferably at a senior management level of a community-based organization.
- Demonstrated ability to raise at least $1 million annually.
- Strong knowledge of fundraising models and strategies to include individual donor strategies, event fundraising, and major gifts cultivation.
- Demonstrated organization, managerial, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience/success in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gifts.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience leading, motivating and managing a team-based, collaborative decision making environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong skills and knowledge of MS Office, graphic design, and database software.
- Ability to travel to various locations within the Twin Cities metro area.
- Ability to work respectfully and communicate effectively with different cultures, groups, and languages.
- The overall strategic direction, design, implementation, evaluation and stewardship of the Agency’s resource development and communications programs.
- Lead departmental staff in achieving the annual fundraising goals for the Agency.
- Work with the President, Board, and senior leadership staff to achieve short and long-range goals.
- Provide leadership and coordination in board fundraising activities.
- Develop and manage annual and long-term departmental budget.
- Ensure appropriate financial systems, policies, etc. are in place to support development goals and strategies.
- Lead the planning, organizing, directing, implementing, and evaluating of development activities– must be willing/able to wear multiple hats to perform all development tasks as needed.
- Provide staff leadership, coaching, and supervision to Development Associate, contract grant-writer, and intern/volunteer personnel.
- Foster a results-oriented team approach to fundraising by setting goals and measuring and reporting success.
- Manage programs and external communications for annual, major and planned giving effectively.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing/communications strategy and program.
Agency’s Website: www.emerge-mn.org
APPLY ONLINE: https://careers-macc.icims.com