RN - Clinic II - (UMP Heart Clinic)
This job has now expired
This specialized Registered Nurse performs both independent nursing and delegated medical functions. The independent nursing includes assessment, planning, delivery, and evaluation of nursing care for assigned patient population(s) usually in specialty or acute care clinics. The delegated medical function includes participation in and coordination of delegated patient care to other health care team members. The RN is responsible for performing these functions in accordance with all policy, procedure, and professional practice guidelines. Independently completes a variety of tasks including, but not limited to phone triage, preparation of education materials, patient education, chart documentation and monitors standards of care. Keeps up to date on technological advances and new pharmaceutical products.
In order to qualify for this role, you must possess:
- Current Minnesota RN License, BLS Certification. Specialty training or graduate classes related to clinical area of practice. BLS certification preferred.
- Some hospital or clinic experience
- Ability to keyboard and utilize computer applications. Ability to work independently and demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Good communication skills. Good organization and prioritization skills.
- Cardiology experience.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing.
- Previous ambulatory care experience in specialty area with specialty certification. Internal candidates should have above average performance as an RN I.
- Trained on all critical care competencies for specialty. Experience fully utilizing EPIC and/or GEMMS. Ability to embrace change and engage in ongoing process improvement.
- Ability to multi-task on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to work as an effective team member to provide exceptional care.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits and provide you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.