Assistant Professor of Nursing - Three (3) probationary positions available (see Description below)
Date of appointment: August 21, 2013; Vacancies at SCSU are contingent on university budgets and funding.
Please indicate in your cover letter the position to which you are applying: Position A: Adult Medical Surgical; Position B: Women’s Health/Maternal-Infant : Position C: Adult Mental Health
A fully accredited member of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), the Department of Nursing offers one program within the nursing discipline: The four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree, also termed "generic" or "traditional" program, is a 68-credit major program preparing caring professional clinicians for practice in contemporary health care settings. Students with a previous AA, BS, or BA degree may complete the program in less than four years. For additional department information: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/nursing
Primary responsibilities: teach didactic and clinical/laboratory courses in CCNE accredited undergraduate nursing program. Expectations include the ability to teach and/or perform effectively, scholarly achievement or research, continued preparation and study, contribution to student growth and development, and service to the university and community.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization, which can be found at http://www.stcloudstate.edu/humanresources/documnets/IFO09-11Contract-complete.pdf
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited University/Institution. Progression toward a doctoral degree is expected if the applicant does not already have a terminal degree.
- Current or eligible for RN licensure in MN
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with students, faculty, and the community, including community agencies.
- Evidence of applied clinical effectiveness in specialty area and/or certification
- Evidence of effective teaching
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field
- Evidence of scholarly productivity
- Demonstrated success in teaching in a specialty area in an accredited baccalaureate nursing program
- Experience with applicable nursing technology, informatics, simulation
- Professional references affirming candidate’s ability to work professionally with students, faculty, and the community, including clinical agencies
- Women’s Health/Maternal-Infant - evidence of experience and/or certification in women’s health/maternal infant
- Medical Surgical position – established work and/or didactic experience in adult medical surgical nursing Doctoral degree in nursing or related field
- Adult Mental Health position – established work and/or didactic experience in mental health nursing
- Experience with applicable nursing technology including simulation
- Demonstrated ability to team teach
- Demonstrates continued education and professional development
- Additional areas of expertise including Public Health and Research may also be considered.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application Review begins March 29, 2013; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter – indicate which position (A, B, C) you are applying for
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
- Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
Vonna Henry, Search Committee Chair for Nursing Faculty, Assistant Professor
Phone: (320) 308-5778
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University is a member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.