Sholom is one of the leading senior housing and healthcare service organizations in the Twin Cities. We are seeking a full time knowledgeable, skilled Cook to join our team at our beautiful 17-acre campus conveniently located in St. Louis Park.
The Cook prepares or assists in preparing quality meals for kosher food items, maintaining high standards of food preparation, and following established recipes.
- Prepare assigned high quality food items in proper quantities to meet the needs of our residents, staff, and visitors.
- Monitor food supplies and plan in advance, ensuring that adequate ingredients are available.
- Prepare fish, kosher meat dishes, noodle kugel, kasha and other traditional Jewish foods.
- Assist with serving or portioning duties as assigned, using care to optimize appearance, proper temperature, portion size and sanitary conditions.
- Maintain and follow all kitchen sanitation and health regulations.
- Assist with catering functions.
- Perform serving duties as assigned.
- One year previous cooking experience in a high volume institution required.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of efficient, safe operation of ovens and kitchen equipment.
- Able to prepare food items from experience, including cooking for special diets preferred.
- Perform physical work, such as frequently lifting/carrying heavy pots and bulk items weighing up to 50 pounds, standing for full work shift.
- Apply manual dexterity for grasping and cleaning implements and equipment.
Sholom offers competitive pay and a full benefits package for full-time (30+ hours/week) employees including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability insurance, retirement plan, holiday pay and paid time off.
If you are passionate about end of life care and are seeking to make a difference in the lives of others, come join the Sholom team!
Submit applications online by clicking apply now.