Sholom Community Alliance, one of the leading senior housing and healthcare service organizations in the Twin Cities is seeking an on call Wellness Assistant to work in the Vitality and Aquatics Center located on our St. Paul campus.
The Wellness Assistant supports the operations of the Vitality and Aquatics Center including ensuring the safety of members, providing tours and offering personal instruction on using gym equipment.
Job Functions Include:
- Maintain equipment in good running order and making sure entire area is clean and safe.
- Provide tours for prospective and new members, explain membership process, amenities, fees, etc.
- Supervise pool area during independent exercise as well as exercise and program classes.
- Assist with recording, tracking and reporting daily activity of Vitality Center including exercise and educational activities.
- Provide personalized guidance and instruction on completing exercises and using the equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One or more years experience working with geriatric population in fitness setting preferred.
- Life Guard and CPR/First Aid certified through American Red Cross or if not certified; willing to become certified.
- Perform light work, lifting up to 25 pounds, with frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Bend, reach, twist, grasp, stretch, etc. to perform recreational activities including swimming, and use a variety of strength and conditioning equipment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
If you’re interested in working for an organization committed to providing high quality care and services to elderly adults, come join the Sholom team!
Submit applications online by clicking apply now.
740 Kay Ave St. Paul, MN 55102