This job is no longer available
Date of appointment: August 21, 2013; Vacancies at SCSU are contingent on university budgets and funding.
This position will begin with the 2013-2014 school year. The Rehabilitation Counseling Program is housed within the School of Health and Human Services. It is part of the Counseling and Community Psychology Program. We offer multiple graduate programs within this department to include Rehabilitation Counseling, School Counseling, College Counseling and Student Development, Community Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy and Applied Behavioral Analysis.
The Department of Counseling and Community Psychology offers several undergraduate and graduate degrees for students interested in the application of psychological principles and procedures in individual, community, and agency/organizational settings. Students are provided with training in basic helping skills in counseling and behavioral analysis. For additional department info: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/ccp
Applicants should have a strong background in teaching, research and supervision of students. Applicants should also have the expertise to teach core courses in other allied areas of counseling psychology as well as undergraduate students. In addition this applicant will serve as an advisor for graduate students in a master’s level program. This applicant will need to have a strong commitment to mentoring students and serving on departmental committees as appropriate.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/IFO_09_11_Contract.pdf
Qualifications and experience:
- Earned Doctorate in Rehabilitation Counseling or ABD with Ph.D. completed by date of appointment
- History of conducting research in Rehabilitation Counseling
- CRC certification eligible
- Evidence of the ability to effectively teach graduate and undergraduate courses
- Training in clinical supervision
- Counseling experience in working with people with disabilities.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: ethics, medical aspects of counseling, group and individual counseling, statistics and research, vocational evaluation, career development, theories of counseling and counseling across the lifespan.
- Eligibility for licensure in the State of Minnesota
- Experience in teaching with online or distance programs.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application Review begins March 31st 2013 position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
- Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
Bradley Kuhlman Ph.D., CRC, LP, Search Committee Chair, Professor of Rehabilitation Counseling
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University is a member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.