This job is no longer available
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in engineering (electrical, mechanical, industrial, materials) or equivalent experience in materials and engineering subjects.
Experience: 2-4 years of construction, materials or engineering related experience.
Position Summary: This position will be the company expert on the solar market commodity industry. This position will understand trends and build a competitive environment that supports the company to compete in the EPC market on materials and equipment. This position will develop and build relationships with manufacturers, vendors, engineers and electrical material suppliers. They must understand the engineering and cost relationship between all the materials and make recommendations or decisions on material use to the engineering and estimating groups.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have interest, solid attitude and self-motivation.
- Must be a self-starter and be a creator of opportunities.
- Think outside of the box and develop alternative approaches.
- Knowledge of construction plans and documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work with deadlines.
- The candidate must have excellent analytical, research, and IT skills.
- Must have the ability to learn quickly and understand market materials and trends.
- There will be a desire for the candidate to have sourcing and strong negotiating skills.
This position is based in our corporate office in Avon, MN. However, extensive travel required.