This job is no longer available
U.S. Energy Services is an energy management firm providing a variety of natural gas, electric and sustainability services to large industrial, commercial, institutional and municipal clients. Our mission is to develop and implement energy strategies that help our clients control their energy costs. Our culture is a self-governing, family-friendly, team-oriented work environment.
We are seeking to strengthen and expand our electric service offerings. This new position is responsible for delivery of standard electric services, formalizing services that are currently delivered on an ad hoc basis, and developing new services. The incumbent will be responsible for integrating all electric service offerings with the company’s existing services.
General Description of Job
As Electric Services Consultant, you will be the primary company expert on an array of electric energy management services. You will be an expert resource to account managers and their clients on applications/issues listed under Principal Accountabilities. Your job will be to play the lead role in the delivery of existing electric services, improvement of these services and the development of new electric services. You will work closely with account managers to engage with our clients to determine and meet their needs. You will work with other company functional areas, including Operations, Information Technology, Sustainability and Marketing to ensure continuity of electric services. You will develop and maintain relationships with internal and external resources to consistently and profitably deliver electric services to our clients. The position reports to the EVP, Commercial Services.
Electric Service Delivery
- Serve as the primary resource for the delivery of electric services/expertise to account managers and their clients and the facilitation of third-party resources delivering electric services: analyze, advise, provide technical information, recommend. Scope of services includes applications/issues such as power factor correction, meter consolidation, service voltage assessment, demand response program evaluation, rate negotiations, rate case intervention (i.e. expert testimony), data analytics, load monitoring, power pricing/procurement, peak shaving, outage issues, power quality and onsite generation..
- Establish protocols with account managers for requesting, tracking and delivering services to clients;
- Develop templates for analysis and reporting of results, and perform analyses;
- Review analyses and other work product performed by others including analysts, account managers and third party providers;
- Develop a network of third party resources to provide services that are not core to U.S. Energy, such as:
- Curtailment Service Providers (CSP) for Demand Response programs;
- Electric maintenance and construction contractors;
- Metering hardware and software technology companies;
- Engineering companies capable of design/build of onsite generation projects;
- Utility rate analysts who can provide cost-of-service studies in support of rate case intervention work;
- Power quality survey and mitigation contractors;
- Renewable energy project developers.
- Monitor issues which will affect electric rates and service, especially as they progress through the regulatory arena.
- Successfully manage multiple projects.
2. Product Development and Implementation
- Lead electric service product development team.
- Improve existing service delivery:
- Standardize processes, analyses and reports;
- Coordinate improved data capture and reporting with Sustainability Coordinator, Information Technology staff and other stakeholders;
- Identify and implement measures to improve efficiencies.
- Responsible for developing new electric services from concept to delivery including pilot testing, resource identification, sales collateral drafts, launch schedule, etc.
- Primary P&L responsibility for electric services, including development of cost projections and pricing structure for each service.
- Monitor/track competitor services.
- Monitor energy business environment and regulatory activities to identify potential new service opportunities.
- Monitor electric utility load management strategies for trends or departures from current practices.
- Work with other U.S. Energy colleagues to identify and partner with outside resources as required.
Analytics and Data Management:
- Collaborate with other U.S. Energy functional areas, including Sustainability, Operations and Information Technology, to ensure enterprise-wide data management systems and reporting tools meet the needs of the electric services, potentially including the use of third party vendors.
- Work with U.S. Energy analysts to implement standard processes for specific data analysis and reporting of results for services such as rate review, interval data analysis, and other basic and advanced electric services.
- Monitor quality control of analytics to ensure analysis is error free.
- Responsible for facilitating documentation of value provided to U.S. Energy clients through company’s “Scorecard” system.
4. Communications and Training:
- Communicate internally and externally about key U.S. Energy electric services.
- Create and deliver training programs for both internal personnel and external clients and business partners.
- Represent U.S. Energy as an expert speaker at conferences.
- Author articles, white papers, and other formal communications.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree, preferably with a focus on technology. Engineering, economics, finance studies helpful.
- Extensive understanding of electric industry including: utility rates, competitive markets, billing, metering, data management and service issues as these topics relate to large electric users.
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation including specific experience working with industrial or large commercial clients .
- Experience establishing relationships, negotiating contracts and managing performance of third party service providers.
- Strong problem-solving, mathematical and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Superior communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong team player who excels at performing in a collaborative environment.
- General business acumen.
- Professional work experience in the electric services arena of at least five years.
- Experience with energy economics, project financial analysis, the regulatory process, and product P&L analysis.
- AEE CEM training and/or other certifications relating to the electric industry.
- Product/service development experience.
- Ability to develop abstract concepts into defined value premise including features and benefits.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
- General knowledge of Six Sigma and its impact on energy consumption is a plus.
Your professionalism, expertise and motivation to provide outstanding service will be valued and respected. We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, business casual work environment, tuition reimbursement, exciting career path and a team-oriented work environment. Our benefit package consists of employer-paid (90%) medical, dental, and life insurance as well as generous employer contributions to a 401K plan and disability insurance. After a period of employment, company ownership opportunities are made available to all employees.
Please e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org