This job is no longer available
Netrix IT is a Proactive IT Solutions company delivering Managed Services, IT Consulting, and Outsourced Technology Services. Put simply, we keep our customer’s in business. We manage their networks, we backup their data, we provide disaster recover, and we even stop their spam. We are so good, we allow our customers to go on vacation worry free!
The reason we are so good is that the talent we hire is so good. Our employees don’t have a “job”. They have a mission and a passion to be outstanding at what they do. In turn, we help them achieve that by providing ongoing training. Every employee at Netrix IT has a PDP – Personal Development Plan - which includes materials, equipment, company-paid certifications and a Sand Box test environment. One result of this approach and the culture it breeds is the long-tenure of our staff which stands at 5+ years.
Netrix IT is currently looking for a Senior IT Engineer to join our growing team. We value self-motivators who have experience in the small to medium business sector and work well in a team environment.
A Senior Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. Their goal is to ensure the smooth operation of networks, systems, software applications and hardware configurations in order to provide maximum performance and availability for their users, such as staff, clients, customers and suppliers. The network engineer is a senior member of the technical team and will be held accountable for project performance as determined by Netrix IT management.
Potential candidates must have achieved most of the following items or be willing to gain the knowledge within the first year of employment:
- Degree in Computer Science / IT / Computer Engineering or related experience as approved by Netrix IT management
- This position requires a minimum of four years’ experience working in a senior technical capacity with a strong customer service background
- MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist)
- CSSA (Certified SonicWALL Security Administer)
- VCP (VMware Certified Professional)
- Senior level experience administering Active Directory
- MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) This is a replacement for the MCSE certification and should be kept current during employment
Coupled with your technical ability, you will possess strong communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to engage with both internal and external stakeholders. Strong technical leadership and negotiation skills are essential.
We promote career growth and pride ourselves on our incentives to support personal and professional growth.