This job is no longer available
We are a privately owned solutions provider and world leader in the electronics and thermal markets, and we are guided by our principles of innovation, performance and customer satisfaction. Now you can bring your professional expertise and visionary thinking to our growing, vibrant organization as a:
Strategic Supply Specialist
In this role you will manage the complete acquisition process for production and non-production materials while working with Procurement Engineering to source suppliers. You will collaborate with the Procurement Manager to build and lead an effective supply chain management and utilization program and work with divisional resources to develop and implement effective supplier performance programs.
- Develop, implement and lead an effective inventory management program collaborating with The Corporate Procurement Manager.
- Reduction of lead-time and order quantity lot size, Vendor Managed Inventory, consignment and visual replenishment programs.
- Develop, implement and lead the Supply Chain Management program collaborating with the Corporate Procurement Manager.
- Establish/negotiate supplier contracts or supply agreements. Monitor market conditions and trends and technology roadmaps, and identify supply and demand challenges.
- Develop a database of internal and external commodity information.
- Develop, implement and lead an effective acquisition program functioning within the requirements of current ISO/TS certifications across multiple divisional disciplines.
- Develop, implement and lead ERP and non-ERP solutions supporting basic principles of supply chain management such as SCOR.
- Collaborate with cross functional resources to manage and lead non-technical supply chain projects across all business divisions in the scope of the Corporate Procurement Group.
- Purchase goods and materials within approved guidelines. Interview vendors' representatives, investigate and recommend regular and alternate sources or supplies.
- Contact vendors to expedite delivery of purchases and correct invoice errors.
- Work with Corporate Procurement Manager to negotiate improved services, price and quality.
- Track and report an active cost reduction/avoidance program. Establish clerical procedures to effectively process purchase orders, receiving slips and invoices (challenges)
- Maintain vendor records and files. Work with Quality Assurance to reject unacceptable materials.
- Maintain approved supplier list in accordance with purchasing specification.
- Ensure completion of scheduled supplier self-survey per purchasing procedure. Issue specification to suppliers per procedure.
- Operate all equipment in housekeeping duties around workstation and as required by supervisor.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating data integrity areas in the ERP system. Examples include lead-time, pricing, order policy, lot sizes, etc.
- Maintenance and execution of supplier performance program. Update monthly to pricing trends in key commodity areas.
- Track premium freight costs. Track and report purchase price variance. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related field; or five to seven years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) certification or the equivalent preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Inventory and Database programs required.
- Ability to: synthesize complex or diverse information; data collection and research; design work flows and procedures. Ability to: identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develop alternative solutions as necessary; work well in group problem solving situations; maintain reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service: manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Strategic Thinking: develop strategies to achieve organizational goals; understand organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyze market and competition; identify external threats and opportunities; adapt strategy to changing conditions.
- Planning and Organizing: prioritize and plan work activities; set goals and objectives; develop realistic action plans.
At The Bergquist Company, we believe the financial health of our organization will be determined by the moral health of our people. You’ll receive the type of salary and benefits package you’d expect from an industry leader and so much more.
To learn more about our people-oriented company, apply online at