Exchange & Individual Health Insurance Marketing Rep
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota???s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We???re an organization that???s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Exchange and Individual Health Insurance Marketing Representative will attain sales goals by enrolling new members into UCare’s Exchange, Individual Health, and other UCare products via the telephone, face-to-face meetings, and at large group meetings in the community. Assist in maintaining relationships with key community-based organizations, contracted providers, and delegated business partners. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Qualify leads, generate interest and educate prospective members about UCare’s Exchange and Individual Health products, using a consultative selling style in an effort to enroll individuals in the plans.
- Meet/exceed established sales call quotas, timeline for follow-up to inquiries, and other department goals/expectations.
- Schedule and conduct sales presentations to prospective members via the telephone, face-to-face meetings and at large group meetings in the community.
- Identify trends and opportunities in the marketplace and collaborate with the Sales Director to determine a plan of implementation and follow-up activities.
- Participate in sales strategy meetings and share information regarding successful strategies with the other members of the sales team.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of reports on sales activities.
- Serve as a contact person for assigned community-based organizations and UCare partner/delegate organizations. This will include serving as a resource for questions/concerns; providing product presentations; representing UCare on planning committees as appropriate; and actively seeking new opportunities/ collaborative partnerships with these organizations as identified by UCare.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required for this role:
- Consultative selling skills – must be able to uncover the needs of prospects and appropriately explain our products that meet those needs.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to effectively conduct sales calls and presentations via the telephone, face-to-face meetings and at large group meetings in the community.
- Proficient with computer, spreadsheet and database management.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment, supporting overall departmental goals as well as individually defined sales goals.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
This position requiresat least two years of direct sales or telemarketing experience. Experience in a health care/managed care preferred. Experience working with senior populations preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or health care related field; relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. Minnesota Accident and Health Insurance license required.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You???ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis???just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.