This job is no longer available
Major Job Duties
- Prepare sign drawings for customers to approve. Drawings must contain sufficient detail for the customer to determine that it meets their requirements and for the shop to produce the product based on the drawing.
- Use Solidworks, Gerber Composer and Adobe Illustrator to prepare job files for the router, plotter, channel letter machine and other production equipment
- Advise sales department and customers as to the best and most cost effective ways to design and build their signs.
- Assist with research and development of new sign manufacturing techniques and materials and equipment used in sign manufacturing.
Required Job Skills
Project leadership – Must have strong organizational and communication skills to manage complex projects over long periods of time.
- a) Must be able to explain complex sign design requirements to customers, sales representatives and shop employees.
- b) Must be able to accurately and concisely describe sign engineering requirements in drawings and correspondence such as email.
- Knowledge of sign industry – Knowledge of sign industry is preferred. However, we are willing to train a person who demonstrates both strong project management and technical skills.
- Technical skills – We are seeking a person who is proficient at using Solidworks software. We are willing to train a person on Solidworks provided that they have sign industry experience and also have knowledge of other design software such as Autocad, Gerber Composer or Adobe Illustrator.