Medical Lab Tech-Cert - Burnsville Urgent Care
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Quello Clinic, which joined Allina in mid-2008, has provided award winning family medicine to south suburban communities for more than 60 years. Each family practice provider focuses on the patient as a whole person and on how the patient's own health is interrelated with the health of family members. Quello has 32 providers with clinic locations in Burnsville, Chanhassen, Edina, Lakeville and Savage; and it also offers urgent care at its Burnsville, Edina and Lakeville locations.
- Collects specimens following appropriate collection procedures and processing of specimens
- Perform tests authorized by the clinic lab manager and follow all procedures for each test performed
- Record and report each test following laboratory policy
- Perform and document all needed instrument maintenance and perform and document all QC on each test system before patients are tested
- Correctly register incoming Urgent Care patients
- Enter correct demographics and insurance information
- Graduate of an accredited MLT (CLT) or MT (CLS) program
- New graduates must pass the ASCP and/or NCA board within 6 months of employment or a minimum of one year of formal documented lab training of CLA/MLA with 5 years experience or HEW Tech
- Performs moderate or high complexity testing with or without phlebotomy
- Minimum 1 year experience or equivalent
- MLT or MT
- EMR experience/Keyboarding/Excel and Word
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part time position (14 hours/week)
- Day/Evening Shift (Rotate through Urgent Care 3-10 or 5-10, day shifts and weekends 9-5 as needed)
Edina has gained a national reputation for its fine companies, good schools and community service projects. Edina is easily accessible and minutes from the Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport, Mall of America, their thriving downtown, numerous neighborhood and regional shopping areas, and many parks and lakes.
- Located 10 miles Southwest of Minneapolis
- Population = 47,425
- Service Area = 967,100
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA