This job is no longer available
Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States.
Thousands of water treatment facilities, manufacturers, food and dairy producers, research labs and many other organizations depend on Hawkins for the chemical products they need. These products range from potassium carbonate to chlorine to FCC grade citrates and phosphates.
Our Mission - To exceed our customers' expectations as a high-quality, service-oriented chemical supplier. We will adapt quickly to the changing chemical needs of customers with a keen focus on technical expertise, teamwork, safety, profitability, and responsible care of the environment and of our community.
Responsible for maintaining key relationships with freight carriers, and working closely with accounting on cost management. Accountabilities include increased accuracy in freight costs including rates, fuel surcharge and accessorial charges. Setting up and maintaining system information such as miles, rates, routing and fuel surcharge in a timely fashion.
- Building and maintaining relationships with freight carriers to streamline customer satisfaction.
- Working with Wayne Transportation to maintain upload and ensure timely billing of all shipments.
- Match invoices and bills of lading.
- Resolve freight related billing issues, working closely with our accounting department. Ensure that all freight related costs are accurate and changes/updates in fuel surcharges are communicated in a timely fashion so customers are well informed.
- Handle the daily reporting, maintaining accuracy and timely deliveries (daily, 70, 573 and exception reports).
- Develop strong cross functional relationships to streamline the month end process.
- Scheduling container and product returns.
- Quoting rates to ensure competitiveness.
- Scheduling trucks to provide timely delivery of product and raw materials. Including locating carriers for special loads to meet customer needs and increase satisfaction.
- High school diploma required; associate degree and/or bachelor’s degree in transportation, business or related field preferred.
- Previous transportation experience required, minimum 2-3 years.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills, especially experience with Excel and JD Edwards or the ability to easily adapt to new programs and software.
If you are interested and qualified, please submit a Resume.
All resumes must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug Free Workplace Employer