This job is no longer available
This position is responsible for maintenance on boilers, specified pumps and air conditioning equipment, generators, etc. As required, performs general maintenance tasks involving electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, light construction, general equipment repair, installation, testing and preventative maintenance.
Summary of Primary Work Performed:
Employee will be required to perform one or more of the following tasks:
- Uphold Hawkins Incorporated’s standard of excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Ability to safely operate independently while adhering to all company SOPs and complying with all applicable Federal, State, and Corporate environmental, safety and health regulations.
- Maintenance in PSM/RMP/ISO/SQF regulated and certified facilities.
- Maintain accurate reports and records including documentation of systems and components.
- Promote a culture of cleanliness preventing contamination and product damage.
- Provide feedback for engineers to help modify existing equipment and improve the design of future equipment.
- Respond to trouble calls quickly and make repairs as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager – including working at other locations.
- Monitor and complete preventative/demand maintenance orders.
- Maintain preventive maintenance program and optimize spare parts inventory.
- Direct and work with contractors.
- Understand and operate production processes for maintenance purposes.
- Participate as a member of the emergency response team (HAZWOPER 24 Hour certification).
Summary of Secondary Work Performed:
- As representatives of Hawkins Inc, all employees are to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Supports effective communication within the facility to ensure success of the team.
- Operate motorized equipment (forklifts, skid loader, front end loader, snow plowing, company pickup)
- Perform general facility and equipment repairs including:
- Pipe fitting/installation, familiarity with ASME B31.3 requirements
- Pump repair
- Boiler/HVAC/Compressors/Pump operations
- Tank inspections
Employee will participate in:
- Company Safety Program
- Company Quality Program
- Company Drug Policy
- High school diploma or equivalent required. A 2 year technical degree preferred.
- 5+ years of facility/manufacturing maintenance experience required.
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) complex and/or technical operations and procedures in terms easily understood by non-technical operators.
- 2nd Class Boiler License required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Computer skills to effectively use maintenance software, communicate through email, and research equipment/spare parts.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret drawings, written instructions,
- Ability to work weekends and be on-call.
- Ability to operate an industrial fork truck.
- Experience with API 653 Inspections and/or Stainless Steel Welding Inspection Certification are a plus.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 lbs. 10-20 feet up to 10 times/day; ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, frequently
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 50 feet, on occasion
- Ability to work in a warehouse facility where temperatures may range from -10 up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit; as well as work outside in all weather conditions; snow, rain, wind, and high humidity.
- Must be able to pull/push equipment and/or piping weighing up to 100 pounds into position for 1 -2 minutes up to 40 times a day.
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- No exposed jewelry in body piercings when in a GMP production area.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
- No facial hair below the corners of the mouth
- Ability to wear required PPE – safety shoes, hard hat, safety glasses, respirator and SCBA when necessary.
If you are interested and qualified, please submit a Letter of Interest and Resume.
All resumes must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug Free Workplace Employer