This job is no longer available
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services firm (in terms of 2010 revenue). The Company has approximately 31,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 300 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting.
- Completes basic level accounting transactions in preparation of client financial statement packages. Creates and posts journal entries. Ensures that all expenses, receipts, owner's distributions, funding requests and other transactions for the accounting period have been accurately posted.
- Generates and reviews financial packages for accuracy and comprehensive reporting. Prepares packages on a schedule to ensure timely delivery to the client and other management teams.
- Adheres to Client Accounting Policies and Procedures (CAPP) to ensure internal and external reporting requirements are consistently met.
- Reviews and audits funding and payment requests for accuracy, documentation and authorization in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Responds to and resolves issues and requests from management teams and clients regarding various accounting issues and reports, including Profit and Loss statements. Researches open accounting issues and recognizes potential issues and/or conflicts so corrective action can intercept and minimize issues.
- May participate in budget and forecasting functions for assigned property portfolio. Coordinates work with other team members within single point-of-contact (SPOC) guidelines. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Accreditation or degree from a two-year program with emphasis in accounting or finance required plus a minimum of two years accounting or finance experience required.
Degree from a four-year college or university program with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field preferred.
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
Requires a basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations including a basic knowledge of financial terms and principles to include accounting methods (cash, accrual, and full GAAP).
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Intermediate knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products). Ability to work in multiple accounting software applications.