This job is no longer available
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services firm (in terms of 2010 revenue). The Company has approximately 31,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 300 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting.
- Completes intermediate to advanced level accounting transactions in preparation of client financial statement packages. Creates and posts journal entries. Ensures that all expenses, receipts, owner's distributions, funding requests and other transactions for the accounting period have been accurately posted.
- Generates and reviews financial packages for accuracy and comprehensive reporting. Prepares packages on a schedule to ensure timely delivery to the client and other management teams.
- Adheres to Client Accounting Policies and Procedures (CAPP) to ensure internal and external reporting requirements are consistently met.
- Reviews and audits funding and payment requests for accuracy, documentation and authorization in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Responds to and resolves issues and requests from management teams and clients regarding various accounting issues and reports, including Profit and Loss statements. Researches open accounting issues and recognizes potential issues and/or conflicts so corrective action can intercept and minimize issues.
- Participates in budgeting and forecasting for assigned property portfolio, new property and client transitions, and client audit requests.
- Assists in training team members on portfolio specific transitions.
- Monitors scope of services delivered and provides feedback to manager regarding any changes in scope. Coordinates work with other team members within single point-of-contact (SPOC) guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Degree from a four-year college or university program with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field required. A minimum of two years prior accounting, finance or related experience required. Experience with real estate accounting software preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires intermediate knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations including an intermediate knowledge of financial terms and principles to include accounting methods (cash, accrual, and full GAAP). Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts intermediate financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Intermediate knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products). Ability to work in multiple accounting software applications.