Enterprise Applications Administrator
To plan, coordinate, and oversee all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of organizational information systems and software applications. Responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications. Assist in guiding the organization and subject matter experts on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Designs, develops, and installs enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software, configures business applications to meet the unique needs of the Park District.
- Ensures that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identifies and resolves systems issues
- Reviews and analyzes existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develops strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
Manages the development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Researches and makes recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Coordinates feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and gives advice based on findings.
- Ensures that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Ensures that all business application and databases have backup and recovery procedures created and tested.
Analyzes and integrates enabling technology, existing application/infrastructure and commercial off-the-shelf products consistent with documented business requirements and software specifications.
- Designs and directs vendor software fixes, upgrades and custom modifications.
- Plans and manages application software releases for production and upgrades to proprietary and third party application software products.
Leads technical efforts in the research, diagnosis, and resolution of critical situations and develops research plans, communications technical actions, and obtains required assistance from other team members.
- Provides subject matter expertise to assist other staff members in troubleshooting and resolving complex application, database and infrastructure problems.
- Responsible for technical direction to assist with problem resolution.
Provides full support and life cycle management for all line of business applications such as: Point of Sale Systems, Asset Management Systems, Accounting Systems, Human Resource Information Systems, Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Systems, Business Intelligence, and Reporting Systems.
- Creates and maintains accurate documentation of all business systems dependencies, data flows, process, and decision flow charts.
- Manages software lifecycles providing oversight, guidance, organizing business units subject matter experts with the knowledge needed to implement and managed changes.
- Prepares RFPs, evaluates different proposals, and prepares business cases for applications under consideration for purchase.
Assists the GIS and Business Applications Manager, Senior Manager of Infrastructure and other administrators in creation of the capital and operational budgets necessary to support the ongoing maturity and maintenance of business applications
Is an escalation point for service desk related to enterprise applications.
- Will provide training and procedures for first tier service desk technicians to provide basic enterprise application support.
- Monitors service desk software and provides timely response to customer escalations.
- Manages end users service level expectations and aligns them to the application vendors service level agreements
Keeps the GIS and Business Applications Manager promptly informed of matters as they relate to the Department and Park District.
Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field and a minimum 2 years working in a business/enterprise applications or equivalent role. Excellent communication skills, the ability to effectively work with others, and strong project management experience preferred.
Starting salary range: $63,090 - 72,150 annually. Negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
A fully completed Three Rivers Park District Online Application must be received by Human Resources. This position is open-until-filled.
Applications will first be evaluated to determine if the applicant meets the minimum job qualifications. A top group of qualified applicants, based on the information provided in the Application and Resume, will be invited to an interview.
A score of 80% or better on the interview is necessary to be certified to an eligibility list from which appointments may be made. Veterans Preference will be applied in accordance with Minnesota law. Final appointment is contingent upon the applicant passing a background investigation including a criminal history search. Costs of the background will be paid for by Three Rivers Park District.