This job is no longer available
CPS, Ltd. is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Land Surveyor 2 or 3 in our Grand Forks, ND location. Applicants must have a minimum of a four-year degree in engineering or surveying, 8+ years experience in land surveying, and be a registered land surveyor in North Dakota and Minnesota or ability to become registered within 12 months of employment. Applicants must be hard working, self-motivated, energetic, strong organizational skills, communicate effectively, and strong computer skills. Position requires a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Proficient in the use of conventional survey equipment, total stations, and Trimble RTK GPS systems.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Microstation, GeoPak, and GIS.
- Provide land surveying services for multiple projects and ability to coordinate projects.
- Ability to communicate clearly with co-workers, clients, and the public.
- Perform topographic and boundary surveys.
- Ability to write and understand legal descriptions.
- Perform field work, computations, and prepare plats, replats, certificates of survey, and ALTA surveys.
- Perform construction staking for site development, highway and street, utilities, and other types of related projects.
- Provide direction and leadership for multiple survey crew(s).
- Thorough knowledge of standard survey practices.
- Provide quality control and quality assurance.
- Prepare quotations, and budgets for survey type services.
- Contact and communicate with clients.
- Work effectively independently or as a team member.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Requires travel.