Grain Industry Specialist
This job has now expired
This position location is open to any AgStar office location in Minnesota or Western Wisconsin
The primary purpose of this position is to lead and direct the efficient and effective development of client relationships; to provide creative, valuable solutions to client problems; and to provide value-added service by cross-selling all of the organization’s financial services to existing clients when a need has been identified.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the Client Solutions Team vision and strategies.
- Planning, organizing, and implementing Client Solutions Team operational activities in a defined region to achieve our business goals and objectives.
- Leads sales and marketing efforts in traditional agriculture (e.g. grain production, etc.) and crop insurance; as well as focused efforts in specialty areas (e.g. grain, etc.).
- Provides general oversight to Client Service Teams in order to ensure a fully integrated team approach to sales and service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Finance, or a related agricultural field; or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s Degree/MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively more responsible sales and marketing experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years supervising/leading sales or marketing unit, preferably in a financial services organization.
- Expert knowledge of sales/marketing and client service principles are essential.
- Advanced knowledge of crop production, agronomy, grain marketing and crop insurance strongly preferred.
- Must possess the ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of AgStar policies, procedures, and general operational processes and have excellent leadership, organizational, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Must personally demonstrate strong motivational, interpersonal, and communications skills in a team environment.
- Will represent the organization in community/public situations where excellent public speaking, client service skills, and industry knowledge is needed.
Qualified candidates please apply on-line at www.agstar.com/jobs.
AgStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.