This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
Manages 15+ direct reports that work the evening shift at Abbott NW Hospital Admitting Department. This position also helps staff in any of the 9 areas Admitting supports including the Emergency Dept. Must be able to push a patient in a wheelchair. Must be able to push a Computer on Wheels to register patients.
- 2-4 years post high school education. College degree preferred.
- 3 years experience in revenue cycle related position required.
- Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft office.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build effective team in order to accomplish goals.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Proven successful team leader.
- Ability to direct and motivate others in a team fostered environment.
- Accommodate an adapts easily to on-going industry-driven changes.
- Other: Depending on level of Excellian (EPIC) expertise, may need to attend Excellian Registration training from 8:30-330pm for two weeks.
- Work schedule: 1pm-9pm Monday-Friday.
- PC skills required.
- Friendly, customer-oriented demeanor.
- Ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Self starter.
- Detail oriented.
- Proven successful supervisor.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full time position (40 hours per week)
- Shift: Evening (80 hours in a 2-week ppd)
- No weekends
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA