This job is no longer available
We are looking for a patient care coordinator who takes great pride in their work, and enjoys getting up to do what they love every morning.
If you are an outstanding individual with an exceptionally bright and enthusiastic personality come join our team!
We have a friendly, welcoming staff and fair, honest management.
We are a fast-paced, growing small animal clinic in the Twin Cities area looking to hire a dedicated, self-motivated, detail-oriented professional with people skills who is a team player and fun to be around.
Full-time - 36-40 hours per week. Competitive pay structure with opportunity for growth.
Experience preferred, but not necessary. Will train and mentor new graduates for success.
Proficient typing/computer skills are a must.
Be prepared to work with a compassionate team dedicated to patient care and effective client communication.
This opportunity involves the ability to work two weekends a month and evenings.
Busy animal hospital with state of the art equipment, including digital x-ray in the Maple Grove area is seeking a Patient Care Coordinator.
We are looking for a person that has receptionist experience and great customer service skills. Minimum two year associate's degree, bachelor's degree preferred.
The ability to think quickly and make decisions while multi-tasking is essential for success in this position.
Description: Patient Care Coordinator
Purpose: Support hospital operations by coordinating patient care, ensure maintenance of office systems and supervise office staff.
1. Provides support to veterinarians, assistants, technicians, clients and patients.
2. Effectively manages time and priorities through triage, delegation and excellent written and verbal communications.
3. Manages a smooth and orderly flow of clients and patients through appropriate scheduling, clear communication and excellent multi-tasking.
4. Anticipates needs of veterinarians, clients and patients while maintaining a sanitary work environment. Responsible for directly overseeing in-patient care.
5. Educates clients regarding disease process and transmission; counsels clients in collaboration with team members, regarding pet care and appropriate recommendations; communicates financial treatment plans to clients independently. Adheres to hospital protocols.
6. Motivates fellow team members by providing clear expectations and coaching to achieve personal and professional growth.
7. Delegates appropriately to assistants and technicians to ensure that client’s and patient’s needs met efficiently and with great care; works collaboratively with hospital staff toward the shared hospital mission.
8. Seeks additional training and strives to remain on the cutting edge of veterinary medicine.
9. Effectively uses veterinary specific software for all record keeping, financial transactions, client communication, scheduling and laboratory results; maintains filing and mailings.
10. Fills other roles as needed, including but not limited to: assisting, grooming, and office management.
11. Takes initiative throughout the hospital by evaluating supply status, maintenance concerns, efficiency improvement efforts and concurrently taking resolute action.