Administrative Assistant - Government Relations
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota???s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We???re an organization that???s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Government Relations Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and project support to the Government Relations department. Act as alternative support staff for the Directors and Managers of Marketing and Sales.
- Provide all administrative support; arranging internal and external meetings, handling conference arrangements, making travel arrangements, taking detailed minutes, monitoring calendars, and ordering supplies. The large volume of meetings requires flexibility, prompt, and detailed attention to calendars and setup, and responsiveness to rescheduling.
- Provide administrative support to a variety of workgroups and committees, coordinating schedules, creating and finalizing agendas, preparing packets and documents, creating and finalizing PowerPoint presentations, taking detailed minutes and routing to appropriate participants. Assist staff with various projects such as DHS RFPs, CMS applications, audits, and SharePoint site creation and maintenance.
- Provide word-processing, spreadsheet, and PowerPoint support with composition of letters, documents, spreadsheets, reports, correspondence, and presentations. Scan, organize and maintain paper and electronic files.
- Process and code expense reports, invoices, checks, and/or purchasing card requests. Ensure correct account coding. Monitor the department budget by reviewing monthly budget reports and identifying and researching potential issues for the department.
- Work closely with the State Government Relations Sr. Coordinator to track and submit required DHS certifications and reports.
High school graduate or equivalent required. Completion of a two-year secretarial program or a Bachelors degree preferred. The common use of computers, the Internet, fax machines and other forms of office automation make it important to keep up-to-date on technology.
Minimum three years administrative experience. Experience in health care setting preferred. Proficient PC skills required; preferably Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio, and the Internet. Project management experience is a plus.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You???ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis???just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.