This job is no longer available
Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT) is a global leader specializing in business travel management and our travel counselors know that teamwork and great results have no boundary. We are proud to have been named the most admired Travel Management Company – and we are even more proud that we achieved it together. Whether we are booking government travel, advising on international security or establishing relationships with global corporations, we work as a family. We support each other. We grow as a team. And to us, that’s what makes a world of difference.
Lean about our travel counselor opportunities and start your journey.
CWT is seeking a talented Leisure Travel Counselor who will be responsible for offering value and superior quality service while planning and selling customized leisure travel to all Carlson Wagonlit Travel/CWT Vacations customers.
If you are passionate about working with customers on a daily basis, and providing them with high quality service as they plan leisure trips to destinations around the world, this position may be for you!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Creates intricate travel arrangements to worldwide destinations; including tour, cruise, air, hotel, ground transportation, private tours, travel insurance and all other client specific requests.
- Thoroughly researches travel options and provides client with appropriate choices.
- Operates with discretion and confidentiality regarding client trip details.
- Completes thorough and accurate invoices/itineraries and resolves any accounting discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Efficiently utilizes the GDS and vendor on-line booking engines to complete reservations.
- Stays informed with promotional offers and proactively suggests these to clients.
- Uses available sources such as Intranet site, TSS, State Department web sites, news agencies, etc. to stay informed of current international and domestic affairs.
- Advises clients of international travel requirements such as visas, passports, immunizations, etc.
- Complete working knowledge of tour operators, cruise lines and all other vendors utilized for leisure travel arrangements.
- Supports CWT Vacations/Carlson Wagonlit Travel preferred vendors so that sales goals are achieved
- Maintains relationships with current clients through direct marketing contact; actively solicits referral business.
- Adheres to leisure branch standards in delivering superior customer service including telephone etiquette, dress code and timely follow-up on all client inquiries.
You should apply for this position if your resume highlights:
- Complete knowledge of international travel requirements to include documentation and immunization requirements
- Ability to meet and maintain required performance and productivity standards
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum 6 years industry experience
- Interested in working some evening/weekend hours
- Experience with Apollo