This job is no longer available
SFM Mutual Insurance has distinguished itself as workers’ compensation experts and we take great pride in servicing our customers by bringing quality services, cost control and specialized workers’ compensation insurance expertise to employers throughout the Midwest region. We are committed to hiring people who have passion for what they do and are dedicated to making a difference.
SFM is seeking a new director position to lead our Communications Department in building positive external name recognition for SFM Mutual and the perceived value of SFM’s products and services, and in helping strengthen SFM’s effectiveness internally through better communication. Working in cooperation with other leadership staff, our new Director, Communications & Social Media will oversee the development of communication strategies and tactics for the organization and its working teams. Executes communication tactics personally or through assignment to other Communications staff. Plans, executes and measures SFM’s B2B social media communication programs. Handles special projects as they arise.
SFM offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, incentive bonus based on company and team goals, flexible work arrangements, and a career-enriching environment. For more information about SFM or to apply online please visit our website at www.sfmic.com.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, business, communications, or related field.
- Four years’ management experience in related marketing, communications or public relations field.
- Social media experience required.
- Strong, effective leadership, interpersonal skills and strategic focus.
- Highly developed writing skills.
- Effective leadership and supervisory skills.
- Knowledge and comprehension of multiple disciplines within the insurance field, preferably workers’ compensation and/or other casualty insurance.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and communities.
- Broad understanding of and ability to develop effective team environments focused on team results.
- Profit/loss management experience.
- Coaches, guides and encourages staff toward optimal performance.
- Exceptional communication skills in order to interact in a team environment and to collaborate with other business units for information gathering, reporting results, etc.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and work with minimal direction.
- Ability to effectively lead and delegate to ensure successful completion of projects and/or assignments.
- Ability to embrace and cultivate change with focus on innovation and continuous improvement.
- Exceptional project management and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a paperless environment with extensive computer work.
- Strong communication skills including ability to listen and speak clearly and concisely to customers whom have a wide variety of insurance comprehension.
- Ability to present information in a confident manner on the phone, in-person and via written communication.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.