This job is no longer available
We are a privately owned solutions provider and world leader in the electronics and thermal markets, and we are guided by our principles of innovation, performance and customer satisfaction. Now you can bring your professional expertise and visionary thinking to our growing, vibrant organization as a:
IT Support Specialist
Provides primary support for end-user network problems, including desktop computing and all network equipment. Responsibilities include hardware/software installation, configuration and ongoing maintenance.
- Works with department/workgroups managers in design and implementation of automated processes, which serve to improve departmental operating efficiencies.
- Provides primary support for network equipment, including servers, phones, printers, file servers, application servers, routers, switches, and hubs.
- Assists IT Manager, Network administrators and IT Site Support Specialists with network security administration tasks, including create, remove network accounts, change network rights and group management.
- Assists IT analysts in the development of processes required to support existing or new applications systems. Perform Application installation, configuration and maintenance including database administration and front end user support.
- Perform daily monitoring checklist to determine network usage, disk space availability and server error logs.
- Effectively orders IT-related equipment or makes recommendations to Site Buyers.
- Performs support for telephone systems.
- Responsible for performing all backup and restore functions at all locations including remote location.
- Provides first level support for all IT-related problem calls and escalates when necessary.
- Enters and maintains all helpdesk-related activities in the Corporate Helpdesk system
- Maintains an accurate hardware and software configuration inventory.
- Serves as the distributor for loaner equipment.
- On-call systems – shares the responsibility for the IT Emergency Pager.
- Maintains working knowledge of all computer related equipment to facilitate trouble-shooting and repairs.
- Remains abreast of new computer-related technology that will assist the Bergquist IT Department meet its objectives.
- Participates in the development and enforcement of Corporate IT Standards.
- Manages systems and user supports at our remote locations as well and travel to remote locations on a weekly basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Make recommendations to IT Management to improve IT efficiency or reduce costs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors, Associate's or Technical School degree (A. A.) required and 1-3 years of relevant experience. Experience with Remote Desktop Services, SharePoint and Dynamics AX preferred.
- Knowledge using Windows XP/7/8; Windows 2003/2008R2/2012; Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013. Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2010 – Outlook 2010 or higher, SharePoint 2007/2010/2013, Application implementation experience with client/server interfaces. Certifications – CCNA, MSCE, A+ desired.
- Interpersonal skills, build positive cooperative alliances.
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, shows an eagerness to expedite projects to completion.
- Technically able to comprehend, direct and solve problems.
- Willingness to share constructive input and recommend fresh approaches.
- Ability to handle a wide scope of projects from concept to completion.
At The Bergquist Company, we believe the financial health of our organization will be determined by the moral health of our people. You’ll receive the type of salary and benefits package you’d expect from an industry leader and so much more.
To learn more about our people-oriented company, apply online at