Diabetes Educator - Allina Clinics
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Medical Clinic is committed to providing a work environment where passionate people have the knowledge, tools, opportunity and freedom to make a positive difference in the lives of our patients. We want you to be part of our team where each employee contributes to our mission of exceptional primary and specialty care.
Allina Medical Clinic and their employees serve 463,000 patients, representing more than two million clinic visits at 40 locations each year. Allina Medical Clinic is part of Allina Health, a non-profit network of hospitals, clinics and other health care services.
- Provide assessment, education and self-management training to clinic patients with diabetes, both individually and in group setting in an ADA recognized program
- Work collaboratively with providers in care and treatment modalities
- Work with Care Improvement department on improving optimal control outcomes for patients with diabetes
- Registered Nurse with CDE certification in progress or Registered Dietitian with CDE certification
- Experience in adult health education and in care and education of patients with diabetes, group facilitation, and behavior change theory
- Experience working collaboratively with physicians and other health care providers
- Experience in care improvement desired
- Strong pharmacological knowledge of diabetes desired
- Experience in management of both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Driver's License
- Medical Terminology
- Registered Diatician with CDE certification or RN with CDE or in progress
- RN or RD license required
- Diabetes management and education
- Group and individual teaching
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Electronic medical record experience desired
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full time position (40 hours/week)
- Day/Evening Shift
- No weekends
- Typically 1 evening per week to teach patient classes
- Will travel to various Allina clinics in the area on a regular basis
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA