Medical Laboratory Technician
This job has now expired
Allina Medical Clinic is committed to providing a work environment where passionate people have the knowledge, tools, opportunity and freedom to make a positive difference in the lives of our patients. We want you to be part of our team where each employee contributes to our mission of exceptional primary and specialty care.
Allina Medical Clinic and their employees serve 463,000 patients, representing more than two million clinic visits at 40 locations each year. Allina Medical Clinic is part of Allina Health, a non-profit network of hospitals, clinics and other health care services.
- Collects specimens following appropriate collection procedures and processing of specimens
- Perform tests authorized by the clinic lab director and follow all procedures for each test performed
- Record and report each test following laboratory policy
- Perform and document all needed instrument maintenance and perform and document all QC on each test system before patients are tested
- Performs moderate and waived testing
- Graduate of a NAACLS accredited MLT/CLT program with certification.
- New graduate must pass the ASCP certification exam and/ or NCA boards within six months of employment.
- MT (ASCP) accepted or A minimum of one year of formal documented lab training of CLA/MLA with 5 years experience or HEW Tech.
- Able to perform waived and moderate laboratory testing using standardized methods and computerized equipment.
- Draw blood from all ages and patients
- Medical Terminology
- MLT (ASCP)
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part time position 24 hours per week
- Day/ Evening Shifts (Currently : Monday-Friday, shift start times ranging from 6:45am-9:30am to include coverage until 6:00pm. 8 hours shifts with occasional longer shifts up to 10 hours)
- No weekends at this time; subject to change
Richfield is a well-established suburb with affordable homes for the young families and new developments being built for the older resident. Easy access to main throughways, just minutes from both Minneapolis and St. Paul, close to the airport and major shopping centers including the Mall of America. Its residents are committed to its vitality, and Richfield is consistently recognized for innovative development programs. The school system has received national awards for its excellence in education. Richfield has over 300 acres of parkland, an ice arena, outdoor pool with waterslide, a staffed nature center, Farmers Market and offers a wide variety of recreational programs for all ages.
- Located 10 minutes from Minneapolis
- Population = 40,000
- Service Area = 920,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA