This job is no longer available
We are a privately owned solutions provider and world leader in the electronics and thermal markets, and we are guided by our principles of innovation, performance and customer satisfaction. Now you can bring your professional expertise and visionary thinking to our growing, vibrant organization as a:
Technical Supply Specialist
This position is responsible for professionally managing supplier selection and/or management on new programs in advance of production launches as well as support strategic procurement and high importance tactical activities for The Bergquist Company’s Corporate Procurement Group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage new program negotiations with suppliers.
- Coordinate supplier input to the internal cross functional team during the development period, prototype buying, and sourcing decisions.
- Responsible for collecting, synthesizing and summarizing the cross functional team's inputs as well as external inputs and information to be used for recommending primary, secondary and tertiary (when possible) supplier options for new programs.
- Be a supplier (both current and new suppliers with potential) capability subject matter expert to support new technology and new product development pipeline, and identify supply & demand challenges.
- Benchmark key commodity types and products to help in cost, LT, MOQ and risk reduction for products in production as well as synthesize information for use by the new product engineering group in new design decisions.
- Build and manage supplier relationships to improve trust, communication and effectiveness.
- Create and manage strategies and programs to improve KPIs of total landed cost, lead-time, MOQ and others as identified.
- Develop, implement, and execute raw material testing programs for KPI characterization across a wide range of commodities.
- Management of supplier capacity through monitoring actual versus required and reacting by implementing corrective actions when problems are identified.
- Act as the key liaison and manager for supplier audits and assessments while leveraging required internal quality and engineering resources to address their respective areas of expertise.
- Support of high importance tactical activities as required in areas such as expedites, SCARs, and supplier report cards.
- Review supplier and customer proposed contracts and spot areas of concern to the company as well as spot value opportunities for the company.
- Perform product cost modeling and monitor market conditions and trends.
- Establish goals for the time necessary for new supplier qualification, and then set targets to improve.
- Successfully create synergy with Bergquist colleagues worldwide as well as gain support from key supplier employees.
- Create graphical commodity maps to define the market and the Bergquist position within the market.
- All other assigned tasks.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- Lean or 6 Sigma training, P.E., C.P.S.M, C.P.M. or CPIM certification, desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years sourcing, purchasing or planning experience at a manufacturing company.
- Experience with electro-mechanical assemblies is preferable.
- This position requires a results-oriented, driven, initiative focused, and quality-conscious approach with an appropriate sense of urgency and attention to details. A willingness to work on individual and team projects is required.
- Highly developed negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated and recognized knowledge of category and supply management concepts, adept and persuasive.
- Technically oriented to comprehend specification requirements and work closely with suppliers to communicate requirements effectively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both written and verbal.
- Well-developed data analysis skills, ability to extract, analyze and present data to show findings, opportunities, etc.
- Well-developed process and project management skills.
- Must act as and be perceived as a professional when interacting internally, with customers or with suppliers.
- Travel required up to 10-20% of time both domestic and international.
- The ability to operate MS Office products efficiently.
- Working knowledge of project management software preferred.
At The Bergquist Company, we believe the financial health of our organization will be determined by the moral health of our people. You’ll receive the type of salary and benefits package you’d expect from an industry leader and so much more.
To learn more about our people-oriented company, apply online at