Director, Salon Technology
If you want a challenging and rewarding career in a fast paced, dynamic environment that makes you excited to come to work, then keep reading!
So…if you want to be part of a company that is reigniting itself, an organization you can believe in and contribute to, and obtain a challenging position that makes you excited to come to work, then we want to talk with you! We are excited about our growth and career opportunities at Regis and are currently seeking a Director of Salon Technology and Point of Sale (POS) to be located in Edina, MN. This position works closely with senior leadership in Operations and across Regis to understand the demand of changes to our salon technology ecosystem including our POS system, as well as building a short and long term roadmap for our salons.
The impact of the POS system is very broad. It supports numerous functions outside the salon itself, including Product Ordering, Merchandise Inventory, Marketing Campaigns, Pricing Strategies, Time & Labor reporting, Payroll and Salon-specific reporting -- all the aspects required to run an individual salon business. POS is used daily by nearly 50,000 employees across almost 7,500 salons.
- This position is responsible for the strategic definition and tactical delivery of technology solutions for our salons, in support of the overall business strategy and roadmap.
- Develops deep understanding of the role of technology in the salon.
- Lead teams to ensure that the changes from across the company are understood, vetted, and sequenced correctly to provide value to the business without creating risk. Work with vendor partners and employees to deliver these solutions.
- Acts in a visionary capacity to lead the business function on ways to exploit technology for competitive advantage in our salons
- Participates in vendor identification, evaluation and selection for application software acquisition for use within our salons.
- Oversee staffing of resources needed to deliver capabilities
- Works with the business function to identify the KPIs and metrics to measure improvements
- Partners with enterprise architects to ensure an overall architecture that is reliable and adaptable to the changes in the delivery of IT services as required by the business
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts with manufacturers for software, hardware and consulting services
- Preparation and management of IT capital and expense requests for salon projects including ongoing operating costs.
- Required: Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Industry background appropriate to the business function/capability area assigned
- Required: 10 or more years of experience in IT management, line of business management and/or managing business functions in the business function/capability area assigned
- 2 years working in an IT multi-vendor delivery provider environment
- Strong business acumen; understands key financial drivers and dynamics of the business and the business strategy
- Demonstrated ability to challenge, convince and manage stakeholders
- Prior experience working with the type of technical architectures that support large scale enterprises and associated plans, budgets and contracts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 8 years of experience leading IT projects, including
- Point of Sale Solutions or Payment Processing Solutions
- Guest/Customer Management Solutions
- Multiple concurrent projects
- Projects with significant organization change
- Business consulting experience preferred
- 2 years working in an agile or iterative IT development environment
Who Regis Is:
Regis Corporation is a multibillion-dollar enterprise and the global leader in beauty salons, and cosmetology education. The Company owns franchises or holds ownership interests in approximately 10,000 worldwide locations. System-wide, these and other concepts are located in the U.S. and in over 30 other countries in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia. Visit our website to learn more at: www.regiscorp.com.
Our employees are important to us, we are proud to the following generous benefits and discounts: Medical,Dental,Vision,Life Insurance,Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan,401K Plan,Profit Sharing Plan,529 College Savings Plan,Company Provided Lunch,many other product discounts from local businesses.
An Equal Opportunity Employer