We are a privately owned solutions provider and world leader in the electronics and thermal markets, and we are guided by our principles of innovation, performance and customer satisfaction. Now you can bring your professional expertise and visionary thinking to our growing, vibrant organization as a:
The Dynamics-AX Developer will be focused initially on implementation. Following implementation the focus will change to include converting functional requirement designs into technical designs. This will be a collaborative effort between the functional owner / business analyst and the developer. After the technical design is completed the developer will work with the customer to get sign-off on the design document and provide an estimate for build, test, and deploy phases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform business requirements analysis and design.
- Perform gap analysis between Dynamics AX functionality and business requirements.
- Identify and recommend product customizations, enhancements, or workarounds to meet business requirements.
- Develop technical specifications for Dynamics AX enhancements and integrations to other business applications.
- Program modifications based on specifications.
- Develop data conversion and testing strategies.
- Perform data conversions into Dynamics-AX.
- Report writing in SSRS Reports/AX Reporting Services.
- Train existing technical team in system administration, patch installation, and environment management.
Though the position is based at the Headquarters location, travel to the various operations facilities may be requested. Regular interaction with the internal customer base to gain a clear understanding of their business needs is required. External vendor and/or site visits may be required as needed to support operations in their evaluations of alternate or new technologies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in a technical or business-related discipline from a four-year college or university.
- 5+ years of experience customizing and developing in Microsoft Dynamics AX using Morph X and X++. Strong knowledge of installation and configuration of Dynamics AX. Implementation experience with Dynamics 2012 is preferred.
- 2 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience administering Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- SSRS and SharePoint/Enterprise Portal development experience required.
- Certification in Microsoft Dynamics a plus.
- Familiarity with software implementation and structured implementation methodologies.
- Strong Technical Background.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
At The Bergquist Company, we believe the financial health of our organization will be determined by the moral health of our people. You’ll receive the type of salary and benefits package you’d expect from an industry leader and so much more.
To learn more about our people-oriented company, apply online at