This job is no longer available
Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States.
Thousands of water treatment facilities, manufacturers, food and dairy producers, research labs and many other organizations depend on Hawkins for the chemical products they need. These products range from potassium carbonate to chlorine to FCC grade citrates and phosphates.
Our Mission - To exceed our customers' expectations as a high-quality, service-oriented chemical supplier. We will adapt quickly to the changing chemical needs of customers with a keen focus on technical expertise, teamwork, safety, profitability, and responsible care of the environment and of our community. Responsibilities
- Maintain knowledge of corporate Safety, Health, Environmental and regulatory requirements and responsibilities
- Develop policies and procedures to achieve compliance with regulatory change.
- Develop, implement and maintain annual S&H regulatory compliance audits for all facilities
- Set minimum safety training requirements for each facility and set training schedule with applicable facility manager. Provide resources and trainers as needed to accomplish training.
- Investigate incidents, determine root cause, and develop corrective measures to minimize reoccurrence. Maintain the OSHA accident/incident log.
- Develop Health and Safety initiatives with the goal of reducing recordable incidents on annual basis.
- Maintain facility Emergency Response plans on an annual basis with the assistance of facility managers and Operations Staff
- Maintain Incident Commander status for Emergency Response activities through annual refresher training and site drills
- Establish response drill schedules for applicable facilities per regulatory and professional association membership expectations.
- Develop and maintain Labels and MSDS for corporate products
- Develop budget for EH&S expenditures by Feb 1 for the new fiscal year. Execute and manage.
- Approve new products. Re-evaluate existing products on an as needed basis.
- Complete performance reviews on a regular basis with direct reports.
- Review and or revise business processes this position interacts with to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage team of safety, health, engineering, and environmental professionals.
- BS in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering of comparable science
- 10-15 years experience in chemical industry Environmental, Safety and Health management.
- Professional membership in an accredited science organization
- Oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and superior organizational abilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
- JD Edwards experience a plus
- Ability to work at a high level of accuracy
If you are interested and qualified, please submit a Resume.
All resumes must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug Free Workplace Employer