This job is no longer available
Executive Support (40%)
- Provide administrative support to the President and the Senior Management Team as requested. This includes organizing and maintaining schedules, making and screening phone calls and retrieving voice mail, maintaining phone contact information, setting up appointments, making travel arrangements, preparing travel documents on a timely basis, completing expense reports, taking minutes, composing letters, and distributing relevant items to ARC Directors, staff, and Board of Directors.
- Effectively problem solve issues related to schedules, travel, office needs and other issues/items as assigned; ensuring needs of the organization and staff are met.
- Complete and maintain organizational certifications and memberships: InterAction PVO Standards, BBB Giving Alliance, Charity Review and others.
- Compile and organize expense reports, credit card reconciliation; prepare time sheets and track time off, and handle procurement items for the President and the Senior Management Team.
- Conserve the President’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information and initiating telecommunications.
- Ensure, on a daily basis, that meeting information, agendas, and supporting material are available for all meetings, including materials for speaking engagements and Board of Director meetings.
- Maintain a filing system for the President for paper and electronic documents and other information.
- Prepare presentations for the President.
- Prepare agendas for headquarters staff meetings and Directors meetings. Set up teleconference calls when required.
- Participate in special department and/or organizational projects as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Board of Directors Liaison (30%)
- Provide support to the Board of Directors. This includes organizing and attending Board and Committee meetings and teleconferences, taking accurate minutes at Board meetings, updating Board information, arranging travel for Board members when necessary, and compiling and distributing Board materials.
- Coordinate logistical and meeting needs for ARC Board meetings, dinners and other events as requested; source meeting and dinner venue; work with venue representatives or other professionals to coordinate all meeting needs.
- Communicate on behalf of the President with Board members and major donors. Ensure Board members are informed of scheduled meetings well in advance and have received well-organized Board packets on a timely basis.
- Support the President and Board Chair in setting Board priorities, issues discussions and timelines.
- Develop systems to support smooth Board operations (e.g. policies and procedures manuals, standardized letters and processes).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
DRC Administrative Project Support (25%)
- Provide administrative support to the Chief of Party for the DRC social enterprise project.
- Manage communication flows electronically and in-person across all stakeholders.
- Organize activities (e.g. teleconferences) in support of objectives.
- Maintain - via SharePoint /Base Camp and other means - a repository of information and documents related to the project.
- Ensure smooth and reliable electronic communication, including email and dissemination of data between admin and partners.
- Coordinate and plan: site visits and partner-project inspection.
Country Registration and Field Lease Support (5%)
- Country Registration – Assist in the process and coordination of country registration and renewals.
- Conduct periodic internal audit of country registration; notify country director and international programs, senior program manager of upcoming renewals.
- Field Lease Management – Review and coordinate field lease agreements (office, residence, other properties as needed) per country program office and lease process; ensuring documents are in accordance with headquarters legal policy.
- Communicate with HQ and international program staff on items related to lease compliance.
- Provide Administration approval on lease agreements prior to delegation of authority (DoA) preparation.
- Conduct periodic internal audit of lease agreements.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- 3 to 5 years experience supporting at the executive level.
- Undergraduate degree
- Typing 60 - 80 wpm.
- Strong computer skills, especially with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to use and trouble shoot meeting equipment such as projectors and conference phones
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good interpersonal skills. Team Player.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to write neutral, clear, objective, accurate and complete minutes.
- Interest in international relations and humanitarian assistance.
- French language skills a plus
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES:
- Work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to independently draft memos, letters, and take accurate notes and minutes.
- Self-starter, takes initiative, detail oriented, organized.
- The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.